When you are present at the Maryland SoccerPlex, you are required to adhere to and follow all rules of the Maryland SoccerPlex and Montgomery County Parks and Recreation.
- No pets are allowed off the walking path throughout the park
- No smoking or alcohol at any time on the premises
- No warming up or playing on closed fields, or fields not in use – if the gates are closed, the fields are closed!
- Fields are useable on a rental-only basis. We do not allow drop-ins on all fields.
- Do not warm up in the goalmouth on natural grass fields, this is detrimental to the grass, you may warm up beside the goal
- Do not move field equipment such as goals, corner flags, benches, water jugs, or any other equipment
- Park only in designated spaces, violators are subject to being towed
- Please throw away all trash or recycling in the appropriate bin. We aim to keep our park clean and safe for all who use it.
- No drone photography or videography is permitted without a valid permit from Montgomery County.
- No play is allowed when lightning is detected within 10 miles of the SoccerPlex
When at the SoccerPlex all managers, coaches, players, volunteers, and spectators are expected to observe and adhere to the following guidelines and policies:
- The head coach of a team is responsible for the behavior of his or her team’s assistants, parents, and fans at all games and competitions held at the SoccerPlex.
- Abuse of any kind is not permitted at the Maryland SoccerPlex. Physical, emotional, verbal, or sexual abuse or misconduct from players, coaches, officials, volunteers, parents or spectators will not be tolerated.
- Players, coaches, and spectators are expected to treat officials with the highest level of respect. Criticism of the referee openly or directly during a game is not acceptable. Touching, bumping, shoving, pushing or any purposeful physical contact with the referee before, during or after a match (including 30 minutes after the conclusion of the match) will be considered abuse.
- Any player, coach, or other team official or affiliate alleged to have verbally or physically assaulted a referee or assistant referee will be asked to leave immediately.
- Physical fighting is never tolerated. Any player, coach, volunteer, soccer official or spectator instigating a fight or joining in a fight will receive a severe penalty including removal from the campus.
- Coaches and players on a team are responsible to monitor the behavior of their fellow players and fans, and therefore it is critical that everyone associated with a team is aware of the SoccerPlex rules and policies as their conduct may result in a penalty to the team.
- Finally, the League Administrator and/or the Rules and Discipline Committee reserves the right to suspend or remove any manager, coach, or player whose conduct is not in compliance with the rules and policies above or is deemed detrimental to the best interests of the Maryland SoccerPlex.
For the safety of its patrons, the Maryland SoccerPlex uses the WeatherBug Lightning Detection System:
The purpose of this system is to protect patrons using the facility when under the threat of dangerous storms. Sensors and a weather station have been installed on the roof of the Adventist HealthCare Fieldhouse. When a lightning strike has occurred within ten (10) miles of the Maryland SoccerPlex, the following will occur:
- Horns on the roof will sound for 15 seconds
- The 15-second blast indicates ALL patrons must immediately go to their cars
- Even if you do not see lightning, do not ignore this signal
- When there has been no lightning strike within ten (10) miles for a continuous 15 minute period, the horns will blast three (3) times, each blast is five (5) seconds
- You may return to the field after the three (3) shorter blasts have sounded
An automated external defibrillator (or AED) is a portable electronic device that automatically diagnoses the potentially life-threatening cardiac arrhythmias of ventricular fibrillation and ventricular tachycardia in a person.
There are six (6) devices installed at the complex in the following locations:
- Inside the Adventist HealthCare Fieldhouse directly across from the front desk (next to the trophy case)
- One in each satellite restroom building (Comfort Stations 1-4)
- One attached to the pole on the scoreboard at the Stadium field
Click here to learn how to use the Maryland SoccerPlex AED’s.