The SAM SELECT League is one of the premier leagues in the DMV. Play all your games on the pristine Maryland SoccerPlex fields all for one low fee. The fee is an all-inclusive fee, so no extra cost during the soccer season. What you get:
- All field costs for an 8-game, 8-week season.
- All games are at the prestigious Maryland SoccerPlex, ensuring consistent field size for all games and age groups.
- All referee fees for all games
- Player cards through our in-house carding system, are accepted at most local tournaments.
- League management is accessible throughout the week and present on game days.
- Multiple levels of competition within each age group to ensure an equal level of play for your team!
- Free coaching education, player education, and parent education database are available to all teams and members.
- MSYSA Player Fee & Insurance.
- An athletic trainer is on-site for all Saturday and Sunday games.
- A new Registration system through LeagueApps will make it easier to connect with your team and streamline the registration process.
Please note: Any registrations/team additions made after 12 noon on September 6th will NOT be placed on teams until the following week, and will not be eligible to participate in the first weekend of games. Even registrations via invitation.
Team Fees 2023/24
|Age Group||Max Roster||Team Fee|
|13U to 19U (2011-2005)||18||$2,450|
Click here for a step-by-step guide on how to register your child
**If you’re having photo upload issues try this link to help resize the image or take a screenshot of the image and try again **
At SAM Soccer, we want to provide a fantastic experience for all players. We have specific rules and a code of conduct we ask all players, coaches, and spectators to abide by them. See both below:
Referee Abuse and Zero Tolerance:
As we continue to fight against poor sideline behavior by both coaches and parents towards referees of all levels, we are implementing a new standard. The referee will be assessing the coaches, the teams and spectator behavior during the game and will give it a score of 1 to 4. 1 – Good, 2 – Acceptable, 3 – Borderline, 4 – Poor
If any team/coach receives 4-Poor it is an automatic 1 game ban to the coach. If the team/coach receives two borderline scores it is a automatic 1 game ban. If this pattern continues the ban increases to 3 games and then banned for the season. The league at any time can ban or suspend a coach, assistant coach, team manager or spectator for any length of time.
All refunds requested before the schedule is released will be minus a $50 administrative fee. Requests past the schedule release will not be granted.
We offer full and partial grants to those who are in need of assistance. For Select teams, the grant amount is applied to the overall team fee. To learn more about how to apply, visit our financial aid page.
Looking to join a Select team or post a tryout announcement for your team? Click here to find out more info!
If you have any questions or if you need help with your registration, feel free to contact us at email@example.com or call us at 301.528.1480. We will be happy to help.
SAM QUIET WEEKEND – October 20th to 22nd (Weekend #6)
One weekend every season is set aside as the SAM Quiet Weekend. At games played on this weekend, all adults (coaches, parents, spectators) are asked to refrain from directing verbal communication to the players or the referee on the field. We have found that player to player communication happens more often and is more effective when players are left to their own devices and creativity. Because there are not multiple voices and instructions being directed at them, the players “figure out” the answer themselves, learning that tends to resonate more fully and be more deeply engrained in their memory. And, yes, Quiet Games tend to not have contentiousness between adults and referee, between the adults on each team, etc.
How Coaches and Parents Can Support the Fair Play Please Program
- Encourage all members of your team’s families to support sportsmanship, fair play, and positivity at all games and practices.
- Make some notes about your opponent at each of your games to help you make your nominations toward the end of the season.
- Consider strategizing with the opposing coach at the beginning of each game about ways in which you can collaborate during the game to ensure that every player has success and finishes the match feeling good about their game experience that day.
We thank all the SAM families for helping to make our league the standard for great competition, AND great sportsmanship.
FAIR PLAY PLEASE!
At SAM Soccer, we strongly believe in fair play and its importance within our programs. SAM Soccer’s Fair Play Please sportsmanship program is our way of recognizing and promoting that fair play. In recognition of the program, SAM Soccer was recently nationally recognized by the Soccer Parenting Association as a “club of winning culture”. The Fair Play Please sportsmanship program seeks to promote the values of sportsmanship, teamwork, and the good of the game. The goal of Fair Play Please is to recognize those teams (coaches, players and spectators) that demonstrate a high level of positive play and respect for others. We ask that all our SAM families do their share to make sportsmanship their highest priority.
SEASONAL SPORTSMANSHIP AWARDS
At the conclusion of the season, coaches are asked to vote for the team that best exemplifies the values that the Fair Play Please program seeks to promote sportsmanship, teamwork, and positivity.
WHAT AWARD WINNERS WILL GET:
- Every player on the winning team receives a SAM “Fair Play Please” gift.
- The winning team’s coach will receive a recognition plaque.
- Winning teams will be featured on our website and social media channels!
Spectator Behavior (IMPORTANT)
There is a new policy in Maryland (full details below), effective 8/1/2023, empowering referees to sanction coaches for poor spectator behavior. This applies to all YOUTH games under the jurisdiction of the Maryland State Youth Soccer Association (MSYSA).
The process to be used to carry out this authorization is as follows:
The sanction for irresponsible behavior by a spectator will be administered to the senior team coach present in accordance with Law 12, Disciplinary Action, Team Officials.
Some examples below.
1) Ignoring a request from an AR to move away from the touchline.
2) Non-exaggerated disagreement about referee or AR decisions
Caution (Yellow card)
1) Clear or continual disagreement or complaining about referee or AR decisions
2) Gesturing or verbal demand for yellow or red card
3) Acting in a provocative or inflammatory manner
Sending-Off (Red card)
1) Confronting the other team’s spectators
2) Throwing or kicking an object onto the field
3) Offensive, Insulting or Abusive language or actions
4) Violent Conduct
5) Physical or aggressive behavior including spitting
6) IF A SENDING-OFF OFFENSE BY A SPECTATOR OCCURS AFTER THE GAME ENDS, THE SENIOR COACH PRESENT MAY STILL BE SANCTIONED
Don’t be the spectator that gets your coach carded or sent off!!
Training Field Rain Out Hotline is 301.579.5610 to view status or check out this website
Athletic Trainer Phone Line for any injuries 240.801.2006